How to Survive Promotions, Online This and That, and Wearing 5 Hats

1. Know what you want. 
If you know what you truly want, you are simply working with the universe at that point. Ask for what you want. Be specific. Ask yourself, and really know what it is you want.

2. Write about it and think about it like it has already happened.

Take out a pen and paper and write an entry to yourself with your ideal state in mind. Then write how good you feel about it. Instead of writing "I want to make a $1,000.00 on my next gig" or "I want to make a successful record" or "I want to write the best lyric I've heard all year" or "I want to understand EQing on overhead mics" or "I want to be able to sightread any music"...write it out like this:
I just made $1000.00 on my last gig. I feel great about it.
I just completed a successful record, I feel great about it.
I just wrote the best lyric I've heard all year. I am excited about it.
I now understand EQing of overhead mics.
I can sightread any piece of music.

Write it, and feel it. Say it.


Have fun. But be careful what you wish for, it can actually work! You might add HOW you achieved the goal also, and what you've learned. What were the steps you took to achieve your goal?


3. Breathe.

Yep, breathe.

4. Take a break 

We are often "on call" 24/7. Just forget about it and go to a museum, small town, nature area, art gallery, cafe, book, or a long walk. The key is to go somewhere unexpected, where your day-to-day hassle is far away. Sometimes this involves turning off the smart phone or computer for awhile. Worrying about work? Don't even think about it. Give yourself a break, really.

5. Know what you have control over and what you do not.

When you do your best, there is no stress. 

6. If it feels good, it is good.

Your life and health are highly important- listen to your bod. If you're trying to book your band at a big venue, and you're not sure it's a stretch- it probably is. That isn't to say don't try big leaps, just know when you're jumping.

I hope these tips help you out when you need to recharge for your music mission.

Comments

Popular Posts